Looking to get back into dnd again (Voorburg)

Als je op zoek bent naar een groep, spelers of een GM in de omgeving van Den Haag.
frayja
Schandknaap

Looking to get back into dnd again (Voorburg)

Bericht door frayja »

Hello,

It has been years since I played dnd 3.0, but I still remember the fun we had sneaking around in dark caves, sewers, and cellars.

I would love to get back into a roleplaying group in the area where I live right now. A note of warning: I'm not experienced, the last time I played was years ago.

Hopefully I can join some people who have something setup, or maybe get into contact with a few people to setup something of our own.

Regards,
Frayja

Some info:
- language: either Dutch of English
- books dnd 3.0: I have the dm, player, and monster manual
- books dnd 3.5: I have the player handbook
Thekkur
Forum Master

Bericht door Thekkur »

Hey frayja!
welcome to the forum! You posted in english, does this mean you don't speak dutch, or that you'd simply want to play in english?

I hope you'll be able to find some people to get a game going. Most people on the forum arent frequent visitors, so it might take some time before someone replies. Hang around or come back every now and again to see if someone replied! You might also want to try and contact other groups that posted here.

succes!
"Stop! Jullie komen niet langs mij! Glupert heeft jullie snode plannen door!"
Zoza1980
Schandknaap

Bericht door Zoza1980 »

Hey frayja

I used to play a lot when I was younger (mostly AD&D / call of cthulhu) but I stopped after I moved to NL. Recently I got to think about that it'd be cool to find a DnD group (or AD&D for that matter, rules matter less to me than people). Preferably in English - but Dutch could work too. I too remember a good couple of runs in various dark stinky places filled with orcs... :)

Anyway, I saw your post and thought I'd piggy-bag along with it. So if you had any reactions I would like to hear about them and maybe join in in a group if it fits.

Regards,
Zoza

A few pieces of information about me:
-29 years
-Live close to Schiphol - so the Hague could work...
-I'd like to play any version of DnD (old or new) - I could GM or be a player
frayja
Schandknaap

Bericht door frayja »

Hello,

It seems that more people are interested, namely Kobra, and Zoza. If you guy's are still interested then we are getting close to forming a party.

As for a location, my apartment is available, although I don't know if its close enough for all of you. Its a 5 minute walk from the train station 'Laan van NOI'.

Regards,
Frayja
Zoza1980
Schandknaap

Bericht door Zoza1980 »

It does indeed look like it... I'd like to be just one or two more (parties of 2 are just too few in my opinion).

Kobra - are you on?

I'd be fine with meeting close to Laan van NOI - that's only a 30-40 min. drive for me.
frayja
Schandknaap

Bericht door frayja »

I agree on the party size part, hence the 'close to' forming a party :p

I've been in parties with 3 players and one DM, and while doable its more fun with 4 or 5 players.

O well, I guess we're on the same page :p
v1nce

Bericht door v1nce »

I might be interested and possibly Caligari as well. Perhaps we could try a one off. See how it goes. We both live in the Hague West. So not too close to LNOI but not too far either.
Zoza1980
Schandknaap

Bericht door Zoza1980 »

frayja - I hear ya...

Anyway, if v1nce, caligari, frayja, and myself are up for it I guess we have enough for a tryout...

I wonder if Kobra is still up for it... Why dont we give him a day or two to react and then see where we are?
DrCaligari
Supreme Grandmaster

Bericht door DrCaligari »

xxx
Laatst gewijzigd door DrCaligari op maandag 6 september 2010, 11:56, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe, I've seen bots on fire of the edge of the interwebs...
Zoza1980
Schandknaap

Bericht door Zoza1980 »

I'm pretty flexible on days but during the week I can only play evenings as I work "standard" hours. I prefer Friday afternoon / evening and weekends.
v1nce

Bericht door v1nce »

For myself (and Cali i will presume,.. i still need to speak to him about this) we would be pretty flexible in terms of location and day. If somehow we would play frequently that would probably change however.

I have always had a preference for GM ing.
Zoza1980
Schandknaap

Bericht door Zoza1980 »

hey

As it appears that Kobra may not react I think we should maybe go ahead with one of two options:
1) Plan in a try-out with the 4 of us
2) Try to find a 5th person

I am personally fine with v1nce gm'ing. I like both playing and GM'ing so it'd be nice if we could change DM's from time to time.
Gentlemaniac
Horige

Bericht door Gentlemaniac »

After having done a bit of roleplaying on vacation which i really enjoyed I have been looking for a party in the neighbourhood for a while. Are you still looking for a person for a tryout and do you mind that I have no experience?

Short bit about myself: Male, 24, student, enjoys playing games with friends (chess, card games of which a peculiar amount involve chickens and more).
Zoza1980
Schandknaap

Bericht door Zoza1980 »

Sounds good to me...

Whats mostly important to me is that you like roleplaying - rules are of secondary importance.
frayja
Schandknaap

Bericht door frayja »

So I guess we have caligari, gentlemaniac, vince, zoza, and myself then. I'm certainly up for a trial session.

No objections to vince being GM (I usually prefer being a player)
No objections to switching GMing around every now and then.

Certainly no objections to people with little experience, it has been a while for me too, and I never considered myself to be very experienced anyway.

As for times and dates... I am available in the evenings, and the weekends I can keep free as well (given some notice in advance, but that probably holds for everyone)

Shall we try to pick a date and game? (dnd, dnd3.5, dnd-modern, something else) or am I going to fast? :p
Gentlemaniac
Horige

Sounds good! Any day except Thursday for me. About the setting: something far away from reality seems more fun (medieval, future or other).
Zoza1980
Schandknaap

Bericht door Zoza1980 »

Ok it looks like we are "a go"... Let's trial

I should be able to play on the following dates and times:

12/12 - from 17:00 and onwards
29/12 - anytime
30/12 - anytime

2/1 - anytime
3/1 - anytime

Week 1 & 2 of 2010: Weekdays in the evening and weekends anytime.

Later on into January could be possible as well but I might be going off on a bit of vacation so I prefer seeing how that works out first.

In terms of game I used to play the 2nd edition AD&D. Therefore as long it stays in the D&D genre I dont care about edition. I dont know the rules in later editions that well, but if we have fun at the trial and agree to go for it, I will be shopping the next day for whatever edition we end up playing :) I guess v1nce since ur GM'ing you should pick the edition/rule set that you're most comfortable with. (assuming all are as flexible as me)

v1nce, could you maybe provide a few guidelines as to your intentions. I mean like, whats allowed and what isn't? Lot's of GMs prefers parties of either good or evil alignment (that way we fight our opponents and not each other), dislike extreme classes like ogres or minotaurs etc. I'm pretty flexible on this stuff, but it'd be nice to know what you are planning.
DrCaligari
Supreme Grandmaster

Bericht door DrCaligari »

xxx
Laatst gewijzigd door DrCaligari op maandag 6 september 2010, 11:55, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe, I've seen bots on fire of the edge of the interwebs...
v1nce

Bericht door v1nce »

Fair enough. :) Historically Cali and I have cared very little for using (many) rules. We always felt the game should be about flow, immersive roleplaying and the rules should not be too distracting. As Cali said, we actually always played with 2nd edition rules but we use so few rules that anyone should be able to adapt. 3rd would take some adapting for me! But willing to try it would just mean that i would make the calls as GM but the players would have to help me with the Math/results.

I prefer the demi human races rather than monstruous. Not fond of evil PCs. Dark is fine. Evil means it makes no sense to be in a party together for long.

I like it when people do not min man/munchkin. So one stat at 18 and maybe one 16 is fine (another high stat is okay too if you PC class requires it). The other stats a variety between 9 and 15.

The Fallout campaign we played was tons of fun and i'd like to revisit it sometime but leave it up to the group.

Lastly i wouldn't want to overcomplicate things. Just have PC ready to go, show up and we can take it together from there. After all it is a try out. We might play once or we might end up with a stable party for a decade but we can worry about that we we get there.
Vincere
Supreme Grandmaster

Bericht door Vincere »

Just bumping in to wish you all the best, it's great to see how this forum can still get people together that don't know each other. I hope your session will be a success!

Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
frayja
Schandknaap

Bericht door frayja »

I have no objections to the dates mentioned.
v1nce

Bericht door v1nce »

Hang on. There is some confusion. I think next Sunday is the 13 th,.. not the 12th... So which day was it that people wanted to play?

Also Cali and Me do have a thing (@ Cali = Klusdag) to do on this Sunday (13th) so we need to see if we can/want to ditch that or not.
Zoza1980
Schandknaap

Bericht door Zoza1980 »

When I wrote 12/12 I meant Saturday...

I can't make it on Sunday 13/12
Gentlemaniac
Horige

mmkay saturday. better start on that players manual quickly then. already got a backstory, just need everything else.

It will be a priest of Moradin who was exiled for political reasons outside his control (actually he should be happy that he was exiled and not killed on the spot).
Zoza1980
Schandknaap

Bericht door Zoza1980 »

Ok a quick Recap:

Frayja, Gentlemaniac and myself are all OK with Saturday 12th. (the day after tomorrow)
Caligari & v1nce - it seems like you can make it too but could you just confirm that?

Frayja, if your place is "the place", then I would suggest that you put together an e-mail or post outlining the main topics: Where, When (what time in the afternoon/evening), Name on doorbell, and other practicalities (i.e. like if we meet at 17 can we order pizzas or whatever) etc. etc. My e-mail is available through this site.

We will all prepare a first level PC with the guidelines in mind from v1nce (i.e. demi-human, good/neutral alignment, "reasonable" stats etc.)
I personally only have AD&D books (2nd version) so I will make mine according to those rules. We can update accordingly if we chose to play in 3e or later editions.

We got one priest... I think I will make a "wizard with a mission"...

Looking forward to meeting you guys... 8)

(sorry for the long, overcomplicated, over-organisation post but given the short timeline I thought it'd be smart to structure things a little)
Plaats reactie