Looking to get back into dnd again (Voorburg)

Als je op zoek bent naar een groep, spelers of een GM in de omgeving van Den Haag.
DrCaligari
Supreme Grandmaster

Bericht door DrCaligari »

xxx
Laatst gewijzigd door DrCaligari op maandag 6 september 2010, 19:23, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe, I've seen bots on fire of the edge of the interwebs...
frayja
Schandknaap

Bericht door frayja »

@Zoza: The structuring is appreciated.

If everyone can send me an email: p.b.schoon AT frayja DOT com, then I can spread those addresses around to everyone with my home address.

In this email please provide:
- Preferred drinks and/or snacks
- (if possible) telephone number for last minute changes
- If you mind me forwarding your email/phone to the others
- The pizza you may be interested in (http://www.justeat.nl/restaurants-porto ... rburg/menu)

I like the idea of having something more substantial than just a few snacks but I doubt we need one pizza per person, how about 3 big ones? That combined with some snacks (chips, cheese, etc.) should be sufficient.

Arrival time:
Option PIZZA: we arrive at 17:00, I'll order the pizza to arrive at 17:30.
Option HOME: everyone eats dinner at home and we arrive at 19:00.

Hopefully everyone will join in for the PIZZA, if two or more people decline the pizza option I suggest we all go for the home-dinner option. I'll mail the conclusion for this around once I get some emails.

The financial thing... 5 euro per person if we go for the pizza option, otherwise no charge.

I will prepare a 1st level travelling monk, I can attach to any group of people, either out of curiosity or because of my motto: it never hurts to help.

One last note... it may not apply to everyone, but my house is somewhat of a non-smoking zone, and the balcony is somewhat cold in this season... I hope no one minds.
v1nce

Bericht door v1nce »

I wrote demi-human, but human is fine as well of course! A drow would probably not be ok since it would mean being hated and persecuted by pretty much everyone, kinda messes with the whole party. Just common sense stuff like that, otherwise just have a ball and pick what you actually enjoy playing.

Actually i am glad everyone is chipping in too sort out the nitty gritty details! It is good it isn't all on one person. I may be the GM this time but i always appreciate it immensely if everyone contributes to making the session better!! Whether it is in prepping their PCs or sorting out practical real world stuff. :)

@ Fraya, I just send you a mail with my preferences and such.

As for starting time. I think i will try and do what the group decides. However i prefer to start later (option Home) since i will definitely not be able to join with the pizza thing. Once we figure out what everyone prefers i will give a clear time of when i show.

I don't smoke btw. Except for crack. Only about twice a day. Except sundays. ;)

Cheers!
Gentlemaniac
Horige

Bericht door Gentlemaniac »

Im affraid I can't be there in time for the pizza option either. Ill be coming from a match in Leiden. Ill be there at 19:00.

oh and I thought about a motto too, although mine is less heroic..

Dwarf looking for a job.
frayja
Schandknaap

Bericht door frayja »

Going by the principle 'all for one, and one for all' I then suggest we all go for option home-dinner. Hopefully everyone can make it at 19:00.

Please send an email to confirm so I can email my address. (I'm not happy with it being on a public forum :p)
DrCaligari
Supreme Grandmaster

xxx
Laatst gewijzigd door DrCaligari op maandag 6 september 2010, 19:22, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe, I've seen bots on fire of the edge of the interwebs...
frayja
Schandknaap

Bericht door frayja »

I think that only the confirmation from Zoza is missing (can't be sure because someone didn't mail their forum-name in the email)

So I have pulled the email-address for Zoza from the forum, and the email is going your way.

After I get the last confirmation I will mail it again so everyone has each others mail and telephone numbers.

@Vince: I've spend a little time on my character, I don't know if its is useful for you to know these things in advance, but since its not that extensive :p here goes:

Mellow is my given nick-name from when I was still in the monastery. I got this because of love my for alcoholic beverages. This became an addiction until a few weeks ago I got terribly drunk. I have no recollection of that night, but I'm told it wasn't pretty. I was requested to leave the monastery for insulting my teachers.

For the last weeks I have been roaming the countryside trying to redeem myself. I am still addicted to alcohol, although I swear that I will never go that far again [perpetually dunk is NOT my thing, but a strengthening sip before combat? Most Definitely!]

My goal you ask? Redeem myself by kicking this afoul habit, although I don't seem to be in a hurry. How to recognise me? Go to a tavern, I'll be in the middle of the crowd. My big belly shaking as I yell "Ho Ho Ho, another round for everyone!"
Zoza1980
Schandknaap

Bericht door Zoza1980 »

I'm fine with 19.00 - and thanks for the e-mail frayja (that worked nicely)

Caligari, if you want to play a wizard, then I'd be fine with that. I could make a ranger instead (hmm, the name Strider comes to mind...) or a warrior or something...

I guess any GM would appreciate at least some kind of armored dude to take the punches... and I'd be fine with playing a warrior too.
DrCaligari
Supreme Grandmaster

xxx
Laatst gewijzigd door DrCaligari op maandag 6 september 2010, 19:22, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
DrCaligari
Supreme Grandmaster

xxx
v1nce

Bericht door v1nce »

Definately having a little PC background is helpful! Also it is great if everyone has their PC ready to go in terms of stats, proficiencies, that kind of thing.
Zoza1980
Schandknaap

Bericht door Zoza1980 »

Ok here goes...

I am creating a half-elf fighter/mage... I added the fighter part after considering the party composition and it complemented my character quite well...

Anyway, Cyton Nadale was trained at a human warrior academy specialized in arcane fighting styles. His mentor and superior officer, Sir Nadale, is also his father. He has a fall-out with his father when he learns that he was a result of a warttime rape. Outraged by his father's (by now pre-historic) actions he quits the academy and goes searching for his elven ancestry. Upon learning that his mother passed away a few years after his birth he is left rootless and goalless... In his moment of despair he decides to leave his present life behind him. His goal: to prevent wartime fates like his own (anyone want to venture a guess as to his alignment?)...

I composed his stats as follows: STR: 18 (i will roll for exceptional strength in front of GM, I actually rolled 98 when I did it for myself), DEX: 15, CON: 16, INT: 16, WIS: 8, CHAR: 9.
I have three high stats - v1nce I hope this fits with your guidelines ("(another high stat is okay too if you PC class requires it).") if you find it 'powerplay' let me know and I'll adjust accordingly.

I will think more about his personality and traits for tomorrow...
(thinking about this motto: "There's no problem that can't be solved by my Sword, Shield or Spell)"

v1nce I hope this works for you...
Gentlemaniac
Horige

Bericht door Gentlemaniac »

thank god i wont be the only tank.
v1nce

Bericht door v1nce »

@ Everyone. I have no idea what you guys expect! I will try and prepare some material. Hope the session turns out to your liking but i can't promise anything since none of us have even ever met with the exception of Cali and I! :)

@ Zoza

Ah, well considering it is a one off i didn't say that i usually prefer not to have dual/multi classing. Actually the only reason why i feel that way is that almost always (in the long run) it ends up in the multi classed character being more powerful than the single class peers as well as taking away from their roles/usefulness of their party members since they no longer have unique abilities. Plus yep, your stats are rather high!

So for this one of session it doesn't matter so much but i suspect the character will need downgrading if we play more often. But it isn't only up to me of course. Maybe the other players can weigh in!
frayja
Schandknaap

Bericht door frayja »

We probably all agree that for this trial session it doesn't matter much. And if we decide to continue we can re-roll and or recreate our characters following more specific guidelines.

And probably, since you are our DM right now, we will all say 'sure' whenever you make a rule and/or restriction, I certainly don't care, I just want to know what I can and can not do :p. At least, that's how things should be done in my religion, where the DM is God.

But we can just figure all that out after tonight :)
v1nce

Bericht door v1nce »

I like your religion! ;)

I actually worship this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umU8vKRNnRw

I also tend to laugh like that when my NPC minions overpower the PCs in combat. :p

But seriously, totally agree we will figure all those details out if we should end up playing in this composition (Pcs and players) after the trial.
Zoza1980
Schandknaap

Bericht door Zoza1980 »

I agree across the line... altough in my experience multi-classes are usually weaker as they progress real slow in levels...

Anyhow, let's coordinate tonight. I'd be happy to remake a character or nerf this one until all are happy...

@ v1nce, I dont think tonight's success will depend on the actual D&D contents but on the 'match' of RL-personalities so don't worry too much about the material

just my own 2 cents...
Vincere
Supreme Grandmaster

Bericht door Vincere »

So, how did the trial session go?

Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
frayja
Schandknaap

Bericht door frayja »

It went very well, we have agreed on another session and it looks like this might become a regular group :)
ulrich
Secreetknecht

Bericht door ulrich »

Hi there, if you guys still need an extra person for your group i would much like to join you for a trial.
i recently moved to the hague (from tilburg) and i used to play every other week and now im starting to miss it. i used to play 3rd and 3.5 dnd.
i hope you guys still have a spot, if not no worries ;)
Zoza1980
Schandknaap

Bericht door Zoza1980 »

Hi Ulrich.

We have already had our trial session. On this Wednesday (30th) we will have our second session in the afternoon (from 15.00).

Regarding your post, we will let you know ASAP whether a 6th member (5th player) is desirable. I hope we can make that decision before Wednesday but given the holidays it might not work out before then.

We are playing mostly on the 2nd edition rules (with some 3rd edition rules in effect).

Cheers
ulrich
Secreetknecht

Bericht door ulrich »

It's no problem if you discuss the coming of a 5th player this wednesday. I think thats the easiest way for you guys. I hope i will hear from you soon.
DrCaligari
Supreme Grandmaster

xxx
ulrich
Secreetknecht

Bericht door ulrich »

Ok, the last few years a used to play every other week, we played 3.x and with some houserules.
I started with ADnD, but that seems like ages ago, but that brought me in the game ;)
What else can i tell, i just like the idea of roleplaying and having fun on an evening, havig fun comes first, orc bashing second ;)
i also used to be DM, with my group in Tilburg we used a rotating system, so i have some experience in that aswell.

my character in Tilburg was leveled from 11 to 20 and it was an arcane trickster, i dm-ed the beginning, so the others leveled their char's from 3-20. so you could say im loyal and i like the game a lot if theres enough of relaxed people for whom fun comes first and rules don't matter too much.

i hope i gave answer to your question, if not feel free to ask more. Have a nice game wednesday!
DrCaligari
Supreme Grandmaster

xxx
Laatst gewijzigd door DrCaligari op maandag 6 september 2010, 19:21, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Plaats reactie